Wednesday 8 August 2012

How the Olympics changed my card!!


Oh my goodness, the Olympics has been so exciting! My love is cycling, and oh boy, have I been catered for! I was so disappointed in the road race when Team GB didn't place, then nearly shouted myself hoarse and my palms stung with clapping when Bradley Wiggins won his gold at the Time Trial and Chris Froome took silver. And since then it  just got better and better. So many medals - and so many of them gold! Apart from cycling I'm not a fan of sports, and maybe it's because it's here in the UK but I have never watched - and enjoyed!- so much sport in my life!!

 In fact I forgot to take a picture of my card yesterday I got so involved! Still, it means there is another one all ready for Thursday. I made this for my sister's wedding anniversary this coming weekend ans was already photographed. I must be in a blue phase! It is an LOTV image on the same blue pearlised card, matted on gold mirri card, organza ribbon and the little pull out tag is Spellbinders Damask Accents on a front stepper card. I left one side of the die cut open so that the tag could pull in and out. WOC flowers, of course.







Hopefully we are going out to visit a National Trust property today since the weather looks  more promising. Since I retired we have visited all the ones that are fairly close so now it means making a full day of it. It's a hard life being retired!! lol!

Have a good day everybody and I'll be back tomorrow.

Love from Christine xx


13 comments:

melanie said...

Stunning card I`m sure she will love it .melanie

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Christine, I love the sweet image and fabulous layout.
Yes, I have been enjoying the Olympics too, it's so nice to feel proud to be British!

Hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

eileen.fj said...

Hi Christine

Another pretty card and like your card yesterday the pale blue is lovely and subtle. I'm sure it will be the best card they receive!
Hope you manage your trip today-it's been raining here since early morning.

Take care
Eileen x

Christine Hussey said...

A lovely card Christine, the layout and colours are great and I'm sure your sister will treasure it! Know what you mean about the Olympics, like you have never watched so much sport in my life but it has been fantastic! Hope you have a lovely day out. Love Christine H xx

Carole Z said...

Lovely card Christine, I'm sure your sister will love it! Gorgeous colours too - my favourite sport is everything Equestrian so we've had a good games, I was gutted that we didn't get an individual, but a Team Gold for Show jumping was fantastic Carole Z X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
not had chance to visit you till now. Wonderful card again today. Your sister will be very pleased with it. It's funny how you sometimes get stuck into a particular colour. I can see why you are getting so excited with Olympics. Come on Team GB. Have a great crafty evening everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Christine,
Just taking a break from all the upheavel here. Boy am I fed up of moving things and reorganising and cleaning and ........!
So I have decided to stop for today and I am about to make a card. Unfortunately Sympathy cards are needed now, 3 to be precise. It's been a hell of a week!
Anyway I waffling as usual, so that's enough.
Your card is beautiful, I love the stepped design you have used it really seems to give the boating image even more sense of floating. Perfect choice.
Sorry I am the boring one here, I don't watch the Olympics but I did catch the interview with the cyclists later and of course the updates. It is the best year for teamGB and even I feel very proud.
Best wishes Linda x

Linda Wescott said...

Lovely to see you with your own blog Christine, hope it is as enjoyable for you as it has been for me. Your card is so pretty and stylish. I love multi fold cards. Hugs lin

Christine Harrop said...

Thank you Linda. I must admit I really am enjoying it, even though I was scared witless just before I went "live" as it were. Everybody haaaas been very supportive in this woonderful crafting community we belong to! love Christine x

lestim said...

Hi Christine, just heard about your blog, sol at last you have entered bogland. I have not been to good for a couple of weeks so have not done much, but have been reading.blogs. Your card is great your S I L will love it I'm sure. I shall look forward to reading your blog. Best wishes, Lesley xx

lestim said...

Hi Christine, just heard about your blog, sol at last you have entered bogland. I have not been to good for a couple of weeks so have not done much, but have been reading.blogs. Your card is great your S I L will love it I'm sure. I shall look forward to reading your blog. Best wishes, Lesley xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - love your card, it is really pretty. Bet your sister-in-law will be well chuffed.

Hugs Sue P xxx

PS Sorry but I'm not watching the Olympics although my hubby does keep telling me about who has won a Gold Medal - so I am not totally oblivious!!!

Christine Harrop said...

Thanks Lesley. I did wonder if you were on holiday because I have visited your blog a few times and you hadn't posted. So sorry you have been unwell, but I hope you are feeling better now. Take care. Christine x