Monday 18 February 2013

Another Experiment With Stencil And Paste

Hi Blog Friends

I'm sorry I've been a little quiet over the last couple of days. I've been having problems with my computer. At first I thought it was just Blogger playing up, as it is wont to do on occasions, but it turns out that it actually our internet connection. John has been messing on with it - sorry, I mean attempting to fix it!!!! - and it is certainly working a little better but we may need to get in touch with  for BT. I'm hoping that I can post this, but we'll see!

My Card

Click on image to enlarge picture

I used a Sweet Poppy stencil and coloured the roses and leaves through the stencil. I then used translucent paste and clear microbeads. For only my second attempt with stencils and the first with colouring and beads
I think it turned out reasonably okay.  I'm still trying to break out of my comfort zone , but I scuttle back pretty soon! I stamped the JustRite sentiment with Encore Metallic Purple onto the smallest SB Resplendent Rectangles die.

Well I will hopefully try to visit some of your blogs now and see what happens. I managed a couple this morning.

Hope you are enjoying a little sunshine even if it is still jolly cold. It's lovely to see the snowdrops, which seem to be quite late this year. 

Love and hugs from Christine xx

23 comments:

Rita said...

What a fabulous experiment Christine. Its certainly made a beautiful card and the colours are perfect. Hope you manage to get your internet up and running again, although this post managed to get through. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Marie-Louise said...

This is marvellous Christine. I have never even tried a stencil.

janieworkum said...

Je hebt deze kaart prachtig gemaakt. Christine
groetjes janie

Anonymous said...

lovely card

Crafty Lark said...

Love your colour effect here Christine, also great layers. Had a lovely wander to see your great cards I'd missed. xx Flora

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine love those colours and layers
jacqui x

Jolara said...

really beautifull hugs Joyce

Patricia said...

Fantastic card Christine, love the delicate colours and layers.
I have stencils but have never used that technique on them.
Happy crafting

Patricia xx

Hazel said...


Great card Christine like how you have layered it. Hazel

janieworkum said...

W}prachtig gemaakt Christine, Mooie kleur tinten heb je ook gebruikt.
groetjes Janie

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Christine and love the stencil look, the colours are so soft and muted...beautiful

Anne

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
fabulous card. I love this idea. Great colours used and fab layering.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

I've had blogger problems I couldn't comment on anyones blog and its taking me ages LOL not a happy bunny today ..this card is really really pretty Christine..my hubby has just muttered those immortal words..think we are getting snow end of this week!!! or chance of...grrrrr it needs to be gone LOL huggles hun Sue J xxx

marianne said...

What a nice colors. That together makes this beautifull card. Love it.

Marianne

Sue said...

This is so pretty and delicate Christine. I love the colours and fabulous layout.
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine. The design and colours look so pretty.
Lorraine x

Carol said...

A beautiful card Christine, so pretty. I'm much more northerly than you lol - from North Northumberland. Carol x

Carole Z said...

A lovely card Christine, such pretty colours, Carole Z X

Karla said...

Prachtig kaartje Christine.

Groetjes Karla

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Mooie kaart Christine
Groetjes Gerrie

Peanut said...

A successful experiment, Christine. Love the way it turned out. Gorgeous!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

melanie said...

Great card love the colours / Melanie

May said...

Fabulous card Christine... Love the colours.. it's fun working with paste I don't do it enough!! You have done a great job... Love it all.. Hugs May x x x