Sunday 22 February 2015

OSAAT Challenge # 231 - "Anything Goes ..... Birthdays"

Good afternoon to you all.  Sorry I'm being such a bad blogger right now.  Life seems to be a bit hectic at the moment and I am also involved with a project with our WI group which has a deadline.

Anyway, I'm here with a card for One Stitch At A Time. The challenge is "Anything Goes ..... Birthdays", so this is a nice easy one.  My card features Sunflowers from Barb Jenson which can be found at our sponsor Stitchy Bears Digital Outlet

My Card


Recipe
7" square card - AnnaMarie Designs
Pearlescent cardstock - Create and Craft (bought at Wilko's)
Yellow backing paper - very old stash
Ribbon - Offray
Dies - Floral Ovals from Spellbinders
Sentiments - JustRite Grand Sentiments
Damask embossing folder - Couture Creations
Coloured with Promarkers
Pearls from stash

This card was a nice easy one to put together.  I thought the different shades of yellow suited the sunflower.The tiny yellow sunflower I found stuck to something else (as happened to me recently ... lol!) which I used months ago so I decided to pop it onto the centre of the bow.  I used the smallest die from Floral Ovals and just stamped a tiny sentiment onto each one.

I hope you decide to join us in the challenge this time.  If you pop across to OSAAT you can see some inspiration from the DT and this is the prize you could win. 


Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.








24 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

This is beautiful Christine. Love the Spring colour.

Mimi said...

I just love this, so full of sunshine and a really gorgeous classical card. Hope life calms down for you soon treasure :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

Wendy L said...

So pretty Christine, a really lovely card, xxx

JJ said...

Hi Christine, stunning card, love the backing paper and the layout, just gorgeous. Don't worry about not blogging too often we all have times in our lives when things take over, its always great to see you on here and I look forward to your posts.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Irish Cherokee said...

Wow Christine! This card is a beauty. Love the yellowing gold tones. Placing the image on the diecut is perfect as are the pearls and the bow with the sunflower. Bravo! - Jim

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Christine, I love the sunflower image and the lovely golden paper in the background.
Hope your are well, hugs Kate x

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. I too love the Sunflower and the way you have put it together looks great. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the image and beautiful sunny colours. A fabulous layout too.
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

This is really pretty Christine and I know how hard it is to get round everyone's blog sheesh lol you miss a couple of days and it's overwhelming but I think all of our blogging friends understand life gets in the way..can't wait for March! to see you again..lots of huggles Sue xxx

Hazel said...

A very pretty card Christine, I thought when I cut down my hours with the girls I would have so much time to myself, how wrong could I be - I have less. Hazel x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautifully designed card Christine a wonderful image and such lovely sunshine colours a super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very super card.
I love your fab design, and the colour is perfect too.
Beautiful colouring in of that lovely sunflower.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

Very pretty Christine, great design. Carol x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the spring colours of your card Christine

Anne

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christina,
Lovely card, not usually a yellow lover but this is gorgeous.
Lydia
X

ike said...

Beautiful and such a gorgeous frame on there. I am a huge lover of yellow and this card really makes me feel cheerful :-)
Hugz
IKE
OSAAT Teamie xx

Lia said...

A great start of the day: looking at your latest cards!
You've done a great job Christine.
Lia xx

Carole Z said...

Such a summery cheerful card Christine, I love the yellow and lovely layout too, hugs Carole Z X

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Christine,
A touch of Sunshine, I love it.
Great colour combination, image beautifully coloured and brilliant deign.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Oh, this just oozes Summer, if only outside was the same lol!
A beautiful card indeed.
You're not a bad blogger, just a missed one.
Take care.
Ang x

Karla said...

Prachtig kaartje Christine, mooi achtergrond papier.

Groetjes Karla

Brawny x said...

Very pretty card Christine. Flowers are really my things so this really appeals to me. X

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and the colours are just beautiful.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Debbie Adams said...

Ooooo! I love sunflowers and this card is just wonderful!! I love the dp you used along with that tiny sunflower it's just stunning!! And I like how you stamped a different sentiment to each oval. Who ever you give this card to will love it. :D
Your Teamie ~ Deborah xxx