Monday 10 June 2013

Very Last Minute Gift

Hi everybody. Yesterday we were invited to lunch by our friends. Being a good guest  I bought a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates for our host and hostess. About half an hour before we were ready to go I got out my gifts. At least I got out the bottle of wine - but the chocolates were nowhere to be found!  The only thing I can think is that they were left on the supermarket conveyor belt. Panic!! Now what can I do?

My Project


Click on image to enlarge picture


I searched through my stuff and found this mini pizza box which I made as a trial a couple of months ago.  I grabbed a few WOC flowers and some leaves from the little drawer where I keep my odd die cuts, together with a die cut oval from the same drawer. I hurriedly stuck them on and slipped five tea lights into the box and Bingo! One little gift in super quick time. I'm not sure the glue was dry though so I had to be careful to hold it level as we drove there so nothing slipped, and just hoped that Sue didn't realise it was still wet!!

I almost didn't post this because it is very slap dash, but it does show that stuff that we think is not much good can be rescued in double quick time. 

Hope you all had a good weekend and are ready to face the week ahead.

Love and hugs from Christine xx

18 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

I really like your box Christine it doesn't look slap dash to me
jacqui x

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
Maybe looked "slap dash" to you but looks really good to me, I love it, a fantastic idea.
Clever girl, quick thinking and Wow! you had a wonderful little gift give yourself a big round of applause.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xxx

Hazel said...


Christine, what a great little useful gift. Not slap dash in any way. I often find the less time you have to make something the better.

Hazel xxx

Unknown said...

Well clever you Christine, love it.
Elaine

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, such a lovely gift.
Sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

Perfect little box and lovely gift Christine.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
a really great last min pressie. You must have had a bit of heart attack when you couldn't find the chocolates. lol. Very quick thinking a true carfts person. Love the colours used on this.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rita said...

Fabulous gift Christine. Probably more appreciated than chocolates too. Hugs Rita xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

YOur box a fabulous Christine and theres nothing nicer than a hand crafted box complete with chocolates inside

Anne

Unknown said...

I would have been more than happy with this gift and easier on the waistline!LOL! Well done for your quick thinking.

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

janieworkum said...

Wat een schitterend doosje erg mooi met de bloemen erop.
groetjes Janie

Unknown said...

This is just a gorgeous gift and I would have personally loved to receive it too...great last minute creations...luv annie xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, I think it's brilliant...well done you! Carole Z X

Lia said...

Love the story about your box! It became a gorgeous gift and I don't see it's last minute made.
Lia xx

Sue said...

Lovely gift Christine what a brill idea huggles hun Sue xxx

Lorraine said...

This is a lovely idea for a gift. Your box looks fabulous.
Lorraine x

Christine Hussey said...

Agree with all the other comments a fabulous idea and a lovely gift. Well done you, give yourself a pat on the back, love & hugs Christine H xx

Linda Wescott said...

Panic works well on getting the inspiration flowing doesn't it lol. It looks fabulous, I'm sure it was very well received. Hugs lin