Monday 13 January 2014

Laughter

Good morning everybody and hope you are all well.  My goodness it was so bitterly cold yesterday! The coldest we have had so far I think, because there was an east wind too which lowered the temperature even more.  Anyway I kept busy crafting!

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

I cut my 7" x 5" base card from lilac pearlescent card.  The next layer is from the "Time Flies" collection by Craftwork Cards.  I stamped the image in Cocoa Brown Memento ink onto cream pearlescent card.  I tried black and purple but both were too harsh so I settled for the brown.  Stamping onto pearlescent card turned out to be not such a good idea because the image isn't sharp and it is such a shame because it's a lovely stamp.  It is rather difficult to see, because the photo is so bad, but the background of the stamp is striped and I coloured the stripes with Promarkers.  I matted this onto the largest die from SB Decorative Label 8 using the same lilac card.  The flowers are the large and medium rose dies from Britannia and the leaves are Cheery Lynn Wreath Strip.  Pearls and organza ribbon tied into a double bow finished it off.

Well that's it from me.  I hope you all have a good day.


18 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous Christine!!! It was bitterly cold yesterday when I took his lordship for a walk I was glad to get indoors in the warm, I'm really praying we don't get any snow but I don't think that will happen, anyway roll on the NEC that's all I've got to say hahahaha I can't wait hugglessssss Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lia said...

I lopve your romantic card Christine!
Over here more and more rain and wind..the best weather fot lots of crafting!!
Lia xx

JJ said...

Morning Christine,

This is gorgeous, so lovely, Love everything about it, it has the vintage look to it to.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Doreen said...

gorgeous card....fabulous design.xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, the colours are so delicate very pretty flower too.
Lydia
X

Rita said...

What a gorgeous card Christine. Very professional looking too. Hope you keep safe and warm. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, such a beautiful sentiment stamp and I love the pretty colour scheme.
hugs Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, love your beautiful card, the colour theme is so soft and gentle. Gorgeous dies and design with a lovely sentiment.
Sunny but cold here, stay cosy, hugs Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
another really lovely card. Great use of wonderful dies, and stamps. Fab colurs used too.
Yes it was very cold yesterday here too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Patricia said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning, I love it.
Cold yesterday, very damp today.
Happy Crafting
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Carole Z said...

This is a beautiful card Christine, I love the muted colours, they are beautiful. Absolutely stunning, Carole Z X

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Christine, so pretty. Love the sentiment stamp. Carol x

Marie-Louise said...

Christine this is fantastic. Love the stamp and matching die.

scrappymo! said...

This is ever so lovely. I can see the image and the pretty stripes...I clicked on your image to look at it aloneand everything showed so beautifully. That is a great sentiment...so true!
Wonderful card, Christine!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Sorry I'm a day behind.
Your card is soooooo pretty. Love the colours you have used and agree the brown gives a softness to the sentiment.
Today is bright a but nippy. Could be worse.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Karen Petitt said...

It looks beautiful in your photo so I can only imagine how much more stunning it is in real life Christine. I am struggling with taking photographs at the moment - it's just so cold and grey all the time xx

Peanut said...

Another elegant creation, Christine. Love the soft colours and the card looks so delicate. Absolutely stunning!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Unknown said...

A card full of beauty, sophistication and elegance.xxx