Saturday 18 October 2014

Christmas Card Club # 22 - Christmas Reindeer

Hi!  I hope this finds you all well. I am posting my CCC card a day earlier, as I usually do, because my OSAAT card is due tomorrow.  I don't like posting twice on the same day. My card is fairly simple because  I have had quite a week this week with not a lot of time to spare.  John has had two hospital appointments and two dental appointments, one being an emergency.

On top of that, the treasurer of our Women's Institute group died last week and we thought it would be nice if the WI could do the catering for her funeral yesterday.  She was only a year older than me and was diagnosed with bowel cancer earlier this year.  It was quite a task because we were catering for about 120 people so lots of cooking, baking and sandwich making.  As well as preparing the village hall and all the clearing up afterwards.  Fortunately the church was right next door so we were able to slip out, attend the service and then shoot back again.  But we were all pretty exhausted at the end of the day.

I'm afraid I didn't actually get round to making my card until last night.  This time it was Rita to choose and her choice was Christmas Reindeer.

My Card 


Recipe
6" x 6" base card
Core'dinations Cardstock
Embossing Folder - Freebie from Cardmaking and Papercrafting
Reindeer - Marianne Craftables
Twiggy Tree - Memory Box
Sentiment - Elegant Christmas Swirls - JustRite
Pearls - Hobby House

I embossed the beautiful folder onto  Core'dinations card, which I believe is from the White Washed collection, and lightly sanded it.  I diecut the tree and reindeer from a scrap piece of card stock which was sitting under a pile of things on my desk.  It was patterned side up and when I moved it I discovered the other side was the perfect colour match for my card. I stamped the sentiment with silver ink and then just finished with a few Hobby House pearls.  I really like this folder  so I will be using it again.  It actually came with a reindeer stamp too but for speed I used the die cut ones.  I had to wait until this morning to photograph my card because the light wasn't very good by the time I had made it. However, the colour still doesn't show well - it is a very pale turquoise - more visible if you click on the image to enlarge it.

Well must go.  Take care.






27 comments:

JJ said...

Hi Christine,

Such a beautiful card, love it all especially the embossing folder, what a beauty and even better as it was free lol! Lovely arrangement.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card Christine, love the dies, sure makes the card super beautiful.xxx

The Journey is the Start

JJ said...

Christine, have you heard from Flora at all from Crafty lark as she has not been around in a while? I do hope all is ok with her?

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Hazel said...

Just stunning Christine. Gosh you have had a busy week, I hope everything is ok with John. Lovely that you ladies decided to do the funeral tea for your member. Like Jaquie I to have wondered about Flora and did post a message on her blog the other week and haven't heard anything. Hazel xx

Planetsusie said...

How spooky Christine!!! Same Whitewashed card and ...... I nearly used these dies as well! The Tatt. Lace reindeer is newer though so I thought I would pop that one on. Love your card and the emb. folder is gorgeous - missed that month's mag - lol!!!

Lots of hugs to you and John

Sue Pxxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Christine, I love the embossing and gorgeous design. The delicate colour is so pretty.
I hope next week is less hectic for you.
Take care, hugs Sue xx

Lorraine said...

You have had a busy week! Your card is gorgeous. I love the design and die cuts.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
Lorraine x

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. Life can sometimes get in the way of our crafting at times. Hugs Rita xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous card Christine and beautiful design. What a great embossing folder, I often just buy the magazines because of the free gift, they are well worth it.
Lorraine

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Stunning just stunning. The reindeer are lovely and the embossing is fab.
Oh, dear, you have had a time of it again this week. Think you are due some good luck lol!
I too was wondering about Flora and Wilma as well.
Hope all is well with them.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Carol said...

A beautiful card Christine, love the pop of colour showing through the embossing. Hope this week is quieter for you. Carol x

Sue said...

Well finally got blogger to work! fab card Christine it's really lovely sounds like you have been so so busy..lots of huggles Sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Christine.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine I love white on white. xxxx

Carole Pollard said...

This is so elegant I love white on white and this is fabulous Love and Hugs Carole x

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Oh dear! you poor thing such a terrible week you have had, lets hope this coming week is better. Love your white on white card, so elegant.
Lydia
X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
super creation today.
I love this super design, and the card looks very stunning.
Sorry to hear about your WI person.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous card....love the EF... Gorgeous
Hugs Sylvie xx

dutchess said...

oh Christine what a busy time you are having and still time tomake this glorious card...thats it Ineed those dies!.....xxxx

Mrs A. said...

A beautiful and elegant card. I feel tired just reading your list of what you have been up to. 2 visits to the Osteopath and 1 to the dentist was all I could manage. Hugs Mrs A (Valery).

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, gosh you've been really busy, I hope your John is well, and that it is only routine appointments.
Your card is so elegant, I love the images and your design, beautiful, hugs Kate x

MaryH said...

Christine, your card is lovely. My CCCard was created last night as well, mainly due to dithering about the design. Your whitewash coordinations paper is very pretty on this. Love the nice texture. Those dies are perfect for the theme, and the little pearls are a wonderful decoration to an already lovely design. Rest up. TFS & Big hugs.

Carole Z said...

Christine this is stunning! I love the white in white & the beautiful scene you have created, perfect! Hugs Carole Z xx

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...you had had a trying week. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It sounds as iff the WI ladies were able to honour her with their luncheon. A lovely gesture, for sure.

Your card is so pretty. That embossing folder is divine! I can see that you will get a lot of use from it as one can think of so many designs to go with it!

Great card Christine...I love the white on white theme too!

Karen Petitt said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Christine, love the colours and every little detail. I hope things settle for you both soon and you get some time to rest Karen x

Hazel said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Christine. What a busy week you had, but you still got your card done (unlike me who only managed to make mine today). This is perfect for Rita's CCC challenge (I'd also love to see it entered for my CHNC challenge extra for October) x

Peanut said...

What a lovely card, Christine. So elegant and classy. The reindeers are gorgeous!
hugs, Asha