Saturday 31 October 2015

Christmas Card Club # 22 Cardinal or Christmas Bird.

Good morning to you all and hope you are well.  I am just recovering from a cold - my first in about 15 years!!!!  I didn't take kindly to it I have to say!

Sorry I am not managing to get into  blog land much but there is a lot going on here.  Having said that, I will be here with four cards in a row to keep up to date with my DT work!  That's never happened before I can tell you.

Time for another card for our little group, and only three more challenges now believe it or not.  Pretty scary.  Mary is hosting our challenge this week and she asked us to feature a cardinal or other Christmas bird.  Robins are so Christmas-y but we have already had a robin theme so I have gone with the cardinal.

My Card


Recipe
5" x 7" base card - Kraft card stock
matting & layering - green card from my bit box
image - from Greeting Card Factory Deluxe
sentiment - Dreemies
spruce die cut - Impression Obsessions 
Circle die cut - Spellbinders
embossing folder- Chevron by Darice
pearls from stash

A nice and easy card which is also very flat for posting.  Some glitter on the snow and that was it.

Hope you are all keeping well . The weather here has been pretty rough here the last few days - rain, rain, rain!

Well that's it from me today.

Take care.





20 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Christmas card Christine

Anne

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine, I saw a cardinal nce when I was in USA, beautiful. xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A lovely card.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

Sorry to hear you have been poorly and hope you are much better now Christine....what a lovely image of a cardinal makes a stunning card xxxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card.
Sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you are much better now
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Lia said...

I have never seen a cardinal in my life, have you? Anyway: you made a gorgeous card with it! I'm sorry for you, that you catched a cold! Twice a year is quit normal for me....and it's not funny at all! Over here the weather is sooo nice during the last 1,5 weeks: we have a real 'Indian summer' and nature has got beautiful autumn colours.
Keep well!
Lia xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Christine… such a beautiful image and I love the chevron background and fab spruce leaves… gorgeous colours! ah.. now I want that spruce die.. it's so realistic.
Sorry to hear you've had a bad cold… seems to be going around at the moment… it will be a reall shock to your system after 15 years!!! I hope you feel much better soon…. stay warm and cosy!
Hope you have a restful weekend
Big hugs Sue B xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope you are feeling much better now Christine, we don't need those nasty germs right at the beginning of winter as it leaves us feeling low for the colder months.
A lovely card and great image for the challenge, even better that it's flat for posting - a lot of customers have been asking for flat cards this year.
Enjoy your weekend.
Lorraine

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs Rita xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, I'm really sorry to hear that you've not been too well, sounds as if you had a really nasty bug, hope you are recovered now.
Now your card is beautiful, I love the topper and your embossed background is just prefect with it, great card for the challenge, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
oh I can sympathize with you as someone who rarely gets colds myself.
Wonderful card for your Christmas Card Club..
Great designing as always, and a wonderful image.
Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

rachel said...

a beautiful card christine - such a fabulous image. I wish I could see a cardinal - they look amazing! Hugs rachel x

MaryH said...

Mr. C is just so handsome, Christine, and I love the added bit of pine spray in the corner. It's a lovely image and so pretty with the green, red & white against the kraft card. Wish you could see the lovely birds we get to enjoy...they look just like this handsome guy. TFS & Hugs. (hope the cold symptoms are soon all in the past.)

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Not been around myself much either with one thing and another.
Love your card. The pop of red from the birdie is fab and the embossing is great.....I know where you got that folder from lol!
Hope you get rid of those germs in time for Thursday.
Ang x

Sue said...

Hi Christine ! your card is gorgeous..hope you and John are doing well apart from you needing to get rid of that nasty cold!! huggles Sue xxx

Carol said...

What a gorgeous image Christine and you've displayed it beautifully. Hope the cold goes quickly. Carol x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great card
Happy Halloween:
"-Where do you take a baby ghost?
- To day-SCARE center!!!" :)
Happy BOO day!"
hugs from California
Bibiana

Mrs A. said...

Mary will be in seventh heaven today with all these Cardinal cards. I like the composition of yours part photo part die cut. Hugs Mrs A.

Brawny x said...

Fab card x

Zoe Tant said...

Fab card Christine with lots of texture and well done you for finding a cardinal. Zx