Saturday 1 April 2017

Christmas Flowers

Good morning. Time for a card for my friends at the Christmas Card Club. Carol is hosting this challenge and she wants to see Christmas flowers and my choice is the poinsettia. It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't have a red poinsettia in the house!



Everything on this card came from my snippets box - except for the poinsettias!  I'm not sure where they are from but it is either The Works or one of the Pound shops. The embossed background was left over from another project, the poinsettia panel was something I was going to use on a card last year and change my mind and the Merry Christmas die cut was there because I cut two the last time I used this die.

It came together extremely quickly which is just as well because I have had such a busy week I wondered if I was going to manage to make one at all - let alone the three I usually do !!

Last night when it got dark my WI friends and I were out yarn bombing the village again!! If you had seen me on a ladder - complete with head torch - up a tree and up the wall attaching crocheted and knitted items and pom poms you would have died laughing. We also decorated the gates and railings of the village primary school so the kids will have a  surprise when they arrive for school on Monday morning.  They were very excited when we did it last year so we did a bit extra this time.  Fortunately it was dry and not too cold.  I will post some pictures in a day or two.


Well that's it for today.  Take care and enjoy your weekend.








18 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Hi Christine,
A love card, I agree poinsettias are a must for Christmas. Bet you all a good few laughs last night.
Lydia
X

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, beautiful card and like you I always think of Poinsettias for Christmas. Lovely design too.
I hope you will take some photos of your yarn bombing and let us see them, take care Kate x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Delightfully festive. Love the poinsettia paper.
You country folk really need to find less hazardous ways to occupy yourselves lol!
Ang x

Wendy L said...

Well done Christine, on decorating. Love the card, cant beat poinsettias, xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card, love the pretty poinsettias.
Can't wait to see the pictures of your yarn bombing.
Lorraine x

Carole Pollard said...

Great classy card love the design I've seen some of your fab knitted projects on FB they look amazing have a fun time love and hugs Carole x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautifully created card Christine, the poinsettias are a favourite of mine too. I love the red and white theme, very festive.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful card. Poinsettias are always gorgeous for Christmas cards and these are no exception. Zx

MaryH said...

Love the design layout on this pretty card. The delicate trim edging on the panel is a wonderful way to draw attention to the pattern paper, and I love the pair of poinsettias with the sentiment tucked between. Sounds like you had lots of fun with your pals! Fun is good! TFS & Hugs

Sandy said...

Quite stunning and I love the layout!!
sandy xx

rachel said...

This is so very pretty. I love what you have done. Hugs rachel x

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful card, Christine. That poinsettia paper is perfect for our theme and your flowers look so pretty.
I like the border you used on the top and bottom of your poinsettia panel.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
is that time of year again.
You are a brave soul climbing a ladder to decorate the villiage.
Your card is fantastic ,and a wonderful design.
Love the super poinsettias and your snippet of paper used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, it seems we've pretty much all gone for a poinsettia this time round. Lovely card, I do like the embossing detail. Your yarn bombing sounds like a lot of fun, Hugs, Shaz Xx

dutchess said...

Lovely Christine...perfect poinsettia flowers and so lovely ...loving the embossing too xxxxx

Mrs A. said...

This is pretty with the added poinsettia panel as well.
Can't wait to see your photo's this year. hugs Mrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Christine
Love the Papers
Hugs Sylvie x

Carol said...

A beautiful card Christine...we all seem to be very fond of our poinsettias. Sorry to be so late commenting this time. Carol x