Sunday 18 February 2018

International Art and Soul

Good morning.  We are a Just For Fun challenge so no prizes but some great badges for your side bar.  This challenge threw me at first. The remit is "Use something you already own".  In the end I took it to mean don't buy something new  and use it in your project.

My Card


Recipe
5"x 7" base card - Anna Marie Designs card stock
Antique Gold Pearl card - Ross Paper Craft
Provence Die set - Creative Expressions
Smallest die from Auverne set - Creative Expressions
Star Flowers and Star Flower Leaves - John Next Door
Heart embossing folder - Crafts Too
Ribbon - from stash
Gold pearls - Meiflower
Sentiment - computer generated.

Apart from John Next Doors Star flowers and leaves which I bought just before Christmas everything else I used has been in my possession for a few years at least. So I think I have fulfilled the remit.

I was bridesmaid for my cousin and I still can't believe it was so long ago! I had just started my nursing career and I was a student nurse of three months standing and my cousin had just taken her finals at the same hospital.  Looking at the photos again brought back some memories I can tell you.

Please pop across to the blog and check out what the rest of the team have made.

I will be back again tomorrow with a card for my Christmas Card Club which unfortunately will be a day late!! See you then hopefully.

Take  care.



11 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Beautiful card, love the flowers, I have been looking at this die set, I think I'll have to buy it.
Lydia
X

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Christine, gorgeous colour combo and pretty flowers
Lorraine x

Hazel said...

A beautiful layout and lovely colour combination, it's gorgeous. Hazel x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a lovely elegant card

cuilliesocks said...

So elegant and stylish Christine, beautifully designed, love the colour pallet, Kate x x

Chriss America Real said...

How lovely and elegant! I love the color combination .

Hugs,

Chriss

MaryH said...

The kraft & white is such a lovely color combo. I love the lacy die that you've used within the layers, (which ditto on the layering...looks graceful - not something I do well at all!) The floral arrangement is just simply gorgeous & so dimensional. The tiny pearls tucked around are a pretty & delicate detail too. TFS & Hugs

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Christine, this card is so pretty... the neutral colors look really good.

scrappymo! said...

Your antique looking gold papers make a lovely "vintagey" gold look to your card. The dies are fab...the flowers are so beautiful!

Zoe Tant said...

Elegant card Christine and like the brushed gold which really compliments your design and works well with just white. Zoe x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Fabulously elegant, not unlike your good self!!!
50 years ago? Surely you were still a babe in arms.
Ang x